What’s the best way to prepare for the job interview at Old Navy? This is a common question people not only want to know the answer to, but one that you need to know the answer to if you are serious about having the best chance to get hired with this company.
Many current sales associates who are enjoying successful Old Navy careers report they went through two interviews to get hired and that some even had group interviews where job applicants had to answer questions in a group setting. Regardless of the interview setting, you should prepare yourself to answer questions with confidence so you can stand out as the best candidate.
What are some of the questions asked during the interview?
Here’s a sample list if what to expect as well as tips on how to answer them:
- Why do you want to work at Old Navy? This is a great opportunity to tell the interviewer what your short and long-term goals are with the company and how you plan to move up the ladder of success by giving 110% effort on a daily basis while you gain the necessary experience.
- Tell us about yourself. Be honest and highlight all of your positive qualities without getting too personal.
- Describe a difficult situation you have faced and what you did to resolve the issue. This question is asked often and you need to have a response ready for it. Even if you have never had a job-related situation, think of something you have been involved in where your actions helped in resolving it.
- What do you have to offer as an individual to our company? This is your chance to let them know about how motivated and dedicated you are in acquiring experience and how well you will be able to interact with customers and help them fulfill their shopping needs.
- How would you handle a difficult and offensive customer? Let them know you are aware of the challenges when faced with difficult customers and stress that your patience and understanding will always prevail in helping even the most difficult customers come away feeling satisfied while shopping at Old Navy.
- Describe something you have done for somebody else. This one is self-explanatory.
- What qualifies you to work at Old Navy? if you have any retail experience, this is the moment to let them know about your talents. If you don’t have any work experience, put the spotlight on how you love working with people and how you value providing the best customer service possible.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? The worst thing you can do here is to give the impression you want to get hired just so you can have a job! This question gives you the perfect opportunity to tell them how you are willing to start at the bottom and work your way up the ladder through experience and continuing education.
- What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses? While explaining your strengths is the easy part, you should be prepared to explain at least one weakness or you will risk sounding insincere. The trick is to talk about a weakness that you have a desire to easily correct such as how your computer skills can be a little better or how you can sometimes be too much of a perfectionist. Find an Old Navy job by clicking here.